Thursday, October 4, 2007

The scary side of summer

I love love love summer. I'm a sun dress girl. Put me in a fab frock and some heels or wedge and I'm in my fashion element! In fact - it's hard to get me in jeans or pants - although I've just bought the most gorgeous pair of wide legged white linen pants that Im dying to wear.
So, now that the weathers heating up I'm one happy dude but yesterday, driving home from tenterfield, we experienced the scary side of summer - Bush Fires. It took 13 hours to do an 8 hour road trip because the F3 and the old Pacific Highway were both closed due to fires - And it's only September! I truly hope that we don't experience the horrific summer we had a few years back where people lost their lives and thousands of homes were destroyed.
As the temperature gauge in the car read 35 degrees - we decided to stop along the way and cool off...the water was glorious :-)

No comments: