Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Vintage Muse


I often stumble across wonderful blogs inspired by vintage creativity that I feel compelled to write about on my own blog - the love needs to be shared around after all!

Today, I stumbled once again onto something wonderful...and not via my (work avoiding) cyber trawling and keyword googling methods that I usually get up to either.

Today, one of my very dear customers quietly mentioned that she would be putting up pictures on her blog of the 50's fair at Rose Siedler house that was on over the weekend (and which I forgot to tell you to diarise - I'm losing my touch!).

Having sold several of my favourite (Bowerbird) vintage dresses and vintage bags to her in the past I was more than a little curious to check out the site and to put a face to the name I knew so well. That's the downside to having an online store I'm afraid - no personal contact means I never get to see how the vintage dresses I sell are transformed by the women buying and wearing them. And sadly that's really the most fun.

I do get happy customers occasionally sending through pictures of themselves in their bowerbird vintage finery which is wonderful and a real thrill but I definitely miss the personal interaction and service that comes with owning a shop.

So, it turns out that my lovely customer, who is a Sydney journalist, writes a beautiful blog with tonnes of stunning photo's and bountiful information about all things vintage, thrifted, arty/crafty and creative. I Highly recommend that you drop by right here: A Wild Tea Party

Oh, and yes, she rocks a vintage dress!

1 comment:

Wild Tea Party said...

Hi Joanna,
Thanks for your lovely words on my blog :) Glad you got to put a face to the name.
I'll be sure to pop some pictures up of my latest purchases when they arrive. x