Thursday, December 11, 2008

More on Markets


Saved! I've just discovered via the lovely Mia from The Raisin Did It and Miamore - who's crafty little children's clothing ranges are sold on Bowerbird Vintage - that the Young Blood Designers Markets are on this weekend at the Powerhouse Museum.

I was beginning to worry that I might have to wander aimlessly around Westfields looking for inspiration for Christmas presents this year after having missed the Finders Keepers markets last weekend.

Young Blood is my other favourite (non vintage clothing related) design markets. They are choc full of fantastic local designers and artisans showcasing clothing, jewellery, accessories, home wares and much more.

I found Mia's beautiful children's wear at the markets about a year ago and asked if she would sell her lovely creations on Bowerbird. She has also just launched her own website which is definitiely worth a look. The little girls frock below is from the latest summer range.




So, it's going to be a busy weekend for markets with the Vanity Fair vintage fashion fair and Young Blood designers markets as well. I dare say my wallet will a little on the light side once I'm done!


Youngblood: Designers Market
Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street this Friday 12th, 6pm – 9pm and Saturday 13th,
8am- 5pm.

5 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

so sweet piece!

amazing updates!

a kiss for you my friend :)

Anonymous said...

that piece is adorable!

xoxo,
La C.

Fashion Tidbits said...

that's such a cute top!

Marian said...

Mias creations are super sweet,so adorable!lovely blog dear.
muah
Marian

Tricia said...

so happy you found a market to do a little holiday shopping damage!