Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More on Fashion Icons...An ode to Ms Deyn



Oh Agyness, you gorgeous (if somewhat over exposed) thing! Those cheekbones are criminal. Those big, wide blue eye's are mesmerising and who wouldn't sell their granny for such dewy, porcelain skin? Lets not mention your amazing figure nor your fabulous platinum locks for I shall surely die of envy.

Seriously though, I can probably get by without your youth and beauty as I've wonderful memories of my own formative years that I can always rely on to make me smile...And ageing has made me realise that being wistful about ones looks is in fact very time consuming. The results? Only lost opportunities and a drawer full of half used expensive, ineffective face creams and cellulite lotions I'm afraid!

However, I positively would sell Grandma (she'd understand I'm sure) to buy even a little piece of your incredibly fabulous wardrobe.

You are the essence of quirky glamour. You wear even the most detestable 1980's fashion with flair and elegance (see top photo for prove of this) - and you rock a vintage party dress like nobody I know.

You are my undisputed queen of vintage fashion (sorry Dita - your kinda 2008 now) and I'm eagerly awaiting your sartorial adventures for 2009.

Please don't disappoint me.







All photos coureousy of NY Magazine

3 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

She was here, in Brazil, yesterday. She is fabulous!

a kiss :)

Vera said...

Agy's one of a kind :)

Tricia said...

she's also a lot more versatile than people give her credit for.
And bravo to the ageing thoughts! Why cling desperately onto your youth when you could be enjoying each year as it passes?