Friday, February 8, 2008

Rescued by Bowerbird Dresses

We are in the process of releasing a little range of dresses by bowerbird under the Rescued by Bowerbird label. They are made from gorgeous vintage fabrics that I've been collecting over the years or vintage inspired fabric that I have fallen in love with in my travels. Made from authenic vintage patterns - particualrly 1950's sundresses of which I am especially fond of!

The silver dress above is probably my fave...made from a striking vintage lame fabric designed specifically for evening wear - the cutsey sundress pattern really gives it a modern/quirky twist! I think it's the ultimate cocktail frock.

You can see the difference fabric choices make. We made exactly the same dress in a beautiful bold red and navy print that just has "summers day" written all over it.







2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow! I love the lame dress. It is beautiful.

Skanky Jane said...

Great blog - gorgeous dresses and love this particular idea o' yours. Thanks for your visit to Found in Pockets. SJ xx