Friday, May 9, 2008

Style File



Almost every time I read an interview with a celebrity where they are asked who their style icon's are, Kate Moss inevitably pop's up on that list - usually at the top. Now, at the risk of being denounced by fashionista's everywhere I'm gonna voice a long held opinion about that...I don't rate her. Not one bit.

Let's clarify though - she takes a beautiful photo. I give her 10 out of 10 for her career. She is definitely a super model in every sense of the word. But her fashion choices outside of magazine shoots leave me cold. Possibly this is because I prefer a more feminine aesthetic rather than the rock chick thing that she's got going on. Having said that, I think Agyness Dean - that most androgynous of models - does inspirational things with rock n'roll attire (of course, she more retro rock which appeals to me a great deal) .

Kate's love affair with grey skinny jeans is also a little tiring. She must have 3000 pairs of those things. And her penchant for furry jackets and scuffed knee high boots just bores me to tears.
Admittedly, she did look stunning at the recent Costume Institute Ball in her Stella McCartney dress. In fact, when Kate take the time to put a dress on she always looks a million bucks but then 5 minutes later I see her slopping around Glastonbury in PVC pants and accessorising with a cigarette.
Give me Helena Christensen, Kate Bosworth, SJP, Agyness, Sophia Coppola or the wonderfully quirky Dita Von Teese any day of the week.
What, no skinny jeans Kate?

4 comments:

Edirin said...

haha, i think she works teh skinny jeans and she works teh dress look too



xxx

Ana said...

I think she works both looks and kudos to her for staying true to a look she likes. Her style may not be everyones cup of tea but she hasnt changed it to fit new, more fem asthetics.

I like your blog, trade links?

Seeker said...

Oh I think Agyness Dean rocks and it's my fav at the moment.

Wanna trade links?

xx

Tricia said...

I'm a little torn about Kate, but she looked incredible at Costume Institute....and she has most likely influenced a lot of up & comers.