Friday, July 27, 2007

Beautiful Baby Stella!

Stella Bella and mum, Cate
Having never really been that maternal (except for about 5 minutes in my mid twenties) I haven't paid alot of attention to babies. In fact, I'm one of those people who declines an offer to hold a baby because I think I might break it and then that would cause all kinds of issues with the mother and father. Particularly if they are my friends because then everytime I see them I'll be reminded that I dropped their kid and really, who needs that kind of pressure in their lives right?


So, when my best friend Cate (whom has been my bud since school) announced she was having a bubalou I was mighty happy for her but also apprehensive that the baby holding thingy was going to become an issue.


Then...out came Stella. Now, admittedly she was thrussed upon me one night when I was sitting on their couch in a corner - trapped. And the peer pressure from my man (who has three growup children) was too much to bare anyway.


Anyhow, to cut a long story short, six months on and I'm all over this baby holding thing. Stella and me are great buddies. She's one of those smiley, happy babies who (to date) never cries when being pawed and pampered by anyone who doesn't go by the name of mum or dad. In fact, I've decided if I ever get that maternal urge, I'm just gonna steal Stella - that saves me going through all that pain and I'll have the perfect kid!


No comments: