Monday, August 20, 2007

New Vintage Purchase - 80's Power Frock!


My new Ricki Rene 1980's Long Sleeve Cocktail dress got a run over the weekend. It caught my eye the other day when I was rummaging through the sale racks at good ol' Scraggs (located down the south end of King Street in Newtown) Scraggs is another one of those great little vintage shops of the same ilk as C's Falshback (up the other end of King street). It smells a little musty, is so jam packed with clothing that sometimes it's just too overwhelming even for me to tackle BUT the prices are fab fab fab! $35.00 bucks is the average you will pay for a really nice little peice of history - as long as you are happy to spend quality time trying to wrestle with the wedged in clothes on the racks and then a little more time hand washing and airing to get rid of the smell of mothballs!
Anyhoo, this little number caught my eye because of the gold piping around the edges and the slight puff in the sleeve - Very cool and not too 1980's puff ball monstrosity! In fact, I think it's the perfect little cocktail frock...and even looks great with pants underneath x

No comments: