Wednesday, December 12, 2007

five fave fashion books



Being the bookaholic that I am, thought I'd share my five faves:

1. 100 YEARS OF FASHION ILLUSTRATION - gorgeous! a look at illustration from the 1900's to now - some of the drawings are so amazing I wish they were hanging in my living room

2. VINTAGE FASHION: for the collector, the wearer and the fashion student. Perfect if you are looking for past influences for inspiration to develop your own look.

3. COCO CHANEL: FRIENDS, FASHION, FAME: Waht geniune fashionista could have a book collection without Madame Coco featuring? This book is more biographical and totally fascinating.

4. ULTIMATE STYLE: An oldie but I keep going back to it. An illustrated history of the Best Dressed List, is the story of how the list originated and grew into the world-famous event it is today. It's a "who's who" of the most glamorous women in the world from the 1940's to now.

5. FACE OF FASHION: This ones on my christmas list. Just released, this book explores the relationship between contemporary portrait photography and fashion. It presents the intensely unconventional, often unnervingly intimate portraiture work of five of the most creative and original fashion photographers at work in the world today. And I can't wait to own it!

No comments: