Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Bonne année" as the French say...

NYE in the city can be pretty crowded and therefore a rather grim affair. In fact, I haven't ventured into town on the 31st of December since 2000 (along with the rest of Sydney I think). I remember that I had to walk 5km home at 4am as there were no taxi's (well duh!) and I lost a gorgeous gold strappy stiletto somewhere along the way (I grizzled about that right through until February too!)


These days my beau and I spend NYE either travelling somewhere else - like last year to NZ (we were in the little french provincial township of Akaroa, south of Christchurch - It was minus 1 degree's) - or with a group of old friends guzzling champagne and eating BBQ seafood.

This year, friends, champagne and seafood are on the cards...but I highly recommend travelling outside of Sydney also. Our trip to NZ was amazing, even with the chilly temperatures. And you can always find a cosy local pub to see the NY in. Celebrating at least one NY with stranger's in a far away place (or even in New Zealand!) is essential!

Other things to do include:
Romantic dinner at home with just you and your loved one. Candles, French Champagne oysters, lobster and a rich dessert - take the phone off the hook and turn off your mobile...romance is the perfect way to see the New Year in!


Got Kids? even if you haven't, Taronga Zoo is a great spot to see the new year in and to watch the fireworks too. Their Roar and Snooze sleepover program is supposed to be pretty cool for kiddies and adults alike.

What ever you decide to do, HAVE LOTS OF FUN AND BE SAFE.
And make sure you glam up, even if you are at home with friends.
What better occasion to frock up than a celebration of all that has come to pass and all that will be?
New Years Eve for me means new beginnings and new adventures...You gotta look your very best for that!
Bonne année

Happy New Year, Friends!

xox

No comments: