Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's who you know!

One of the most important things I have learned since starting my own business is that networking and talking to other people in similar situations is soooo crucial to your success.

I've never been great at putting myself out there but in the last 12 months I've joined a number of organisations that have helped me connect to other people in business who are either at the same stage as me or who have years of experience. The one thing they all have in common is that they are happy to share their ideas and give advice.


Talking to others about what has worked and what hasn't, has been very empowering and motivating. I've found that just knowing that your not alone and that others have similar experiences - both highs and lows - is comforting and keeps you focused.

There are a many, many groups out there to choose from. The best ones for me have been:
(click on them for the link)

The NSW Women in Business (free! ...and 100% fantastic!)



Also, Ive been told the follow are very good too:




No comments: