Monday, November 26, 2007

A return to super glam - 1930's style!

I love return of glam on the catwalks at the moment. The 1930's ankle length sheath dresses with inticate detailing that accentuates the body in all the right places! Bejewelled gowns, high gloss satin, bias cut silks or antique lace with feathers, delicate beading and fringing. It's fantastic to see vintage high glamour making such an impact.

I particularly like the return of seriously styled hair a la Dita Von Teese. The finger curls and glossy waved bobs styled to perfection remind me of Hollywood in it's hey day. It's great to see such elegance being revisited - it's the reason I love vintage so much. You can't beat old skool glamour!


I'd personally like to thank Dita for always making an effort -
and making it always seem effortless
x

No comments: